What Is The People Power Challenge?
The People Power Challenge is a turn-key employee engagement program that gives businesses an exciting way to engage staff
and drive sustainability results while competing against other organizations for great cash prizes and bragging rights.
This is where we track the points totals for all of our People Power Challenge competitors.
Check back regularly to see who's on top!
Small to Medium Enterprise Category
FOR EMPLOYEES: How to Play
As an employee of a competing organization, you can earn points throughout the People Power Challenge
by getting involved and taking environmental action! You'll help your team compete for one of
six cash grand prizes, and will qualify for individual monthly prizes for participation.
To get involved and start earning points, you can:
• Make pledges to environmental action. Contact your organization's champion today.
• Suggest new, green ideas for your organization HERE.
• Download our mobile app, Nudge Rewards, then contact your organization's champion
or Alyssa Cerbu for a company code. Make sure to open Nudges and give feedback
through the Spark section for extra points!
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
FOR CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY CHAMPIONS:
Signing Up Your Organization
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THE PEOPLE POWER CHALLENGE?
• Generate innovative ideas to reduce your costs and improve your environmental performance.
• Communicate corporate goals and messaging to all staff easily via the Nudge mobile app.
• Gain media buzz and good news stories for your organization.
• Win great cash prizes, employee prizes and group prizes to incentivize your sustainability programming.
HOW DO I PLAY?
Earn points by:
• Collecting ideas and pledges from your staff for environmental action.
• Getting employees to download and engage with the Nudge mobile app.
• Implementing sustainability projects.
• Participating in local sustainability events and activities.
All points are tracked in an easy-to-use online scorecard.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Tools & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the time commitment?
It varies, but past winners have said it is a commitment of approximately 3-5 hours a week.
What if I have multiple facilities that want to complete?
Competitors will be free to enter as many facilities as they like under one entry fee, or to enter them separately. If they enter separately, each facility will be given it's own Final Engagement Report, and each facility will be provided with individual facility Champion support throughout the Challenge. If they decide to enter as one team, they will receive one report and Champion support for one person throughout the Challenge, and they will be responsible for consolidating and entering points from all facilities into the Scorecard.
Do I have to go after specific environmental target areas?
You can go after whatever environmental area makes sense for you. If you are focusing your efforts on waste, make the People Power Challenge about waste. If you are looking for broader sustainability engagement, take suggestions and pledges in all sustainability areas.
Do I have to do every activity on the Scorecard?
You can go after which ever points make the most sense for you. There is no need to try to complete every activity if it doesn’t make sense for your business.